International Conference on Mineral Processing Technology (MPT)
Beginning with MPT 2000 in Nagpur, this series of international conferences have been held in Hyderabad (2001), Bengaluru (2002), Goa (2003), Bhubaneswar (2004), Dhanbad (2005), Chennai (2006), Mumbai (2007), Trivandrum (2008), Bhubaneswar (2009), Jamshedpur (2010), Udaipur (2011), IMPC New Delhi 2012, Bhubaneswar (2013) and Visakhapatnam (2014), Pune (2016). Each MPT has a special focus on a particular theme for in-depth discussions
MPT 2017, XVI in the series, is being organized by IIME, Tamilnadu Chapter during Feb 1-3, 2017 with support from government of India, mineral processing industries, research institutes and equipment manufacturers. The theme of the conference is “Minimize Mineral Waste & Maximise value”. The venue is one of the most luxury beach resorts of Chennai 'Radisson Blu Temple Bay' located along the shores of Bay of Bengal, Mahabalipuram, Chennai, India.
MPT 2006 was conducted in Chennai & showcased for IMPC International Mineral Processing Council, which paved the way to host the prestigious IMPC 2012 in Delhi for the first time in India. IIME have the pride in hosting the MPT for the second time in Chennai after a decade.
MPT-2017 will focus on the following areas with special emphasis to minimize mineral waste and maximize value.
- Mineral conservation and value addition
- Mineral industry scenario and initiatives
- Innovation trends in mineral processing
- Communition and Classification
- Magnetic and gravity separation
- Ferrous and non-ferrous minerals processing
- Coal processing
- Pyro, Hydro and Bio-Processing
- Best operating practices in mineral processing
- Technology developments and new equipment
- Processing of Industrial Minerals
- Beach sands Minerals Processing
- Rare Earth Elements – Extraction and value addition
- Tailings disposal and waste management
- Environment, occupational health and safety and corporate social responsibility
You are welcome to the event and solicit your active participation.